District information is shared in a number of ways including:
1. OPS District News (parent e-newsletter)
Emailed to district parents on the 2nd Monday of every month
2. Owatonna People's Press: Education Edition
Published on the 4th Thursday of every month
3. Radio Interviews with district staff and students... Listen to the interviews live at:
KRFO: Talk of the Town
Interviews are scheduled every 2nd and 4th Tuesday starting at 9:40 a.m.
KOWZ: Morning Show
Interviews are scheduled every Tuesday starting at 8:40 a.m.
4. Kids Konnect which is a new student/parent magazine for preschool age 4 to 6th grade families highlighting the Owatonna community and
students. Every issue will also include District News from Owatonna Public Schools. The magazine will be published bi-monthly and
distributed to Roosevelt, all elementary schools and the middle school.
5. District Social Media Pages
Follow Superintendent Jeff Elstad on Twitter
Follow Owatonna Public Schools at Facebook and Twitter
6. District Website
Every school within the district also sends out parent newsletters via email and/or paper with specific school related information included. Be sure to watch for this communication along with other emails on school specific updates and events.