|In accordance with state law, Owatonna Public Schools is required to
ensure that all school-age children living within the boundaries of the
District are being educated. This page provides the necessary information
and forms for families choosing to homeschool, helping them to comply
with state law.
For general home school questions and to check requirements,
visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.
For families who determine homeschooling is best for their child:
For additional questions, you may call the Minnesota Department of Education
- Complete the Non-accredited, Nonpublic School Full Report and submit it to the superintendent's office by October 1.
- For homeschool students previously reported to the District, please submit a Letter of Intent to Continue Homeschooling.
- A small amount of financial assistance is available through the Minnesota Department of Education's Aids to Nonpublic Students program. Deadlines for the assistance program is as follows:
- By September 15: request Aids to Nonpublic Students forms from the school district
- By October 1: return Aids to Nonpublic Students form to the school district
- By October 15: the school district submits the information to the Minnesota Department of Education
at 651-582-8572 or visit the Minnesota Department of Education's Students
and Families webpage.
515 West Bridge Street
Owatonna, MN 55060